Friday, January 4, 2008

new year

Its winter in Taiwan! very unusual to see trees and plants covered in ice...but this was minus 2 in Hehuanshan over New Year!!


Its been a year since I started this blog...and to be honest, at times, I almost gave it up. It takes some effort to keep up with regular postings..and I must admit that I hadn't updated as often as I'd wanted.

frosted plants


Anyhow, thanks to everyone who has taken a look at the blog; and also added comments ...without readers and feedback, there's no point in keeping this going!

I spent the New Year along Taiwan's beautiful East Coast. I was very excited as it was my first time to visit Taroko Gorge...quite spectacular.


The different rock formations and colours are amazing. And though there are many different trails - which are not very strenuous - each walk had different features and characteristics, setting them apart from the others. New Year's Day, we drove further into the gorge, higher up towards Hehuanshan which is always so picturesque and often shrouded in amazing mist. But so cold at this time of year! Anyhow, survived the sub zero temperatures and was so happy to have spent the start of 2008 breathing great air and taking in the stunning scenery.



Happy new year to everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Caro, A Happy New Year to you and thanks for those beautiful pictures! I enjoy your blog page a lot and always appreciate many varieties of information about Taiwan in it.
I have been known your blog page sometime in last year by my wife S.
I am hoping to start to carve a lot of stone and woods (seriously) in this year, 2008!
Cheers,
K

caro said...

hi thanks so much for that lovely comment..